International Affiliated Organizations
- Introduction: La contribution de l’ICHRPI aux congrès du CISH (1985-2015)
- The Estates of Languedoc (France) and the Estates of Limburg (Austrian Netherlands) on the eve of their suppression at the end of the ancien régime : a comparative study
- From the Composite Monarchy to the Spanish nation-state: the role of the Basque Representative Assemblies in the constitution of the Basque public and political administration (1812-1877)
- The “Common Goods” in the Appeals and Requests of Towns in the Portuguese Medieval Courts
- Minorities and representative institutions in the governance of Spanish Kingdoms (16-19th centuries)
- Un “Royaume” pour Talleyrand: l’organisation politique et institutionnelle de la Principauté de Bénévent (1806-1814)
- Weber’s typology of the Medieval Cities and the origins of Modern Representation
- The quest for the capital city : Rome and the Kingdom of Italy (1861-1911)
Models and Practices in the Evolution of Representative and Parliamentary Institutions
The session will collect papers ranging from the old assemblies of estates to the parliamentary debates in modern times. In that context, constituent periods and relationships between legislative and executive powers will be highlighted. Interesting case histories will be discussed about the formation and evolution of the representative institutions of the Cities and their relationship with different levels of governance, emphasizing the conflictual aspects.
Political theories and institutional practices will be analyzed from the point of view of the myth and reality of representation, dealing with all the aspects connected to the ideas, images and functions of Parliamentarism, as well as the debates about human rights and female representation, not neglecting the democratization processes. The role of Parliaments in some national cases, referring particularly to political and institutional transitions, will be also underlined for the area of Central-Eastern Europe.