International Affiliated Organizations
Commission Internationale des Études Historiques Slaves – Opening – Encounters
Thursday, August 25th / 09.00-12.30
Collegium Historicum, 3.46
- Words of Welcome
- Slavs and Muslims – Neighbors, Combatants, Allies over Centuries: An Introduction
- The Slavic World: What’s in a Name?
- The Islamic World: What’s in a Name?
- Muslims and the Islam in the Eyes of East-Central European Historians in the Late Middle Ages
- The Curia on Religious Encounters and Economic Cooperation with the Ottomans in Posttridentine Dalmatia
- Russian Islam and Slavdom between the Soviet and post-Soviet Eras
The Slavic World and the Islamic World: Encounters – Conflicts – Cooperation
Transregional relations of Eastern Europe and the Near East belong to the most under-researched topics of international historiography. Focused on the encounters (Panel I), conflicts (Panel II), and cooperation (Panel III) of what might be called the Slavic and the Islamic Worlds the Commission Internationale des Études Historiques Slaves (CIEHS) intends to open the field from the Middle Ages to the Present for future investigation.